Posted by Hot 104.7 Maine in Uncategorized
on Oct 09
1. One person died and three others were injured in an overnight shooting at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, university officials said Friday. The shooter was in custody, and the school was not on lockdown. It happened in a parking lot next to the Mountain View residence hall around 1:20 a.m., she said. What led up to the violence was not immediately known, and it wasn’t clear if any of the victims or the shooter were university students.
2. Connor MacCalister, the Maine woman charged with fatally stabbing another woman in a Maine supermarket, has pleaded guilty to murder. In court, MacCalister requested a life sentence, telling the judge she was competent to make the decision. The judge has accepted her guilty plea and will hand down the sentence on November 23. MacCalister’s attorney says she takes full responsibility and wants to make this process as easy as possible for the Boudreau family. [wcsh6]
3. Maine fishermen cash in as lobster cracks $4 a pound. They’ve hit a sweet spot for profits this year as a strong catch is supported by rising demand, pushing prices to the highest level since 2007. [pressherald]
4. The City of Portland is looking for the perfect Christmas Tree to install at Monument Square! And you can help! They’re looking for a week rounded, 45-foot to 60-foot tree that can be decorated with thousands of LED lights. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with a picture of the tree and the address and phone number for the owner.
5. Facebook on Thursday announced the rollout of a new “Reactions” button, which lets users respond to posts with six emoji-inspired faces, as well as the traditional Like. Just press and hold the Like symbol to activate Reactions, and the new options will appear alongside the familiar thumbs-up icon. The new Reactions include: Like, Love, Haha, Yay, Wow, Sad, Angry
#5TYNTK Made HOT in Maine by Biddeford Ziebart!