1. As many as 14 million Facebook users may have been affected by a glitch that changed their privacy settings for a ten day period in May. Messages and posts by those affected were made public without their knowledge. Facebook will notify affected users with a note in their news feeds. (NewsCenterMaine)
2. Millions of the fuzzy little beasts have flooded Mines Road between Second and Third ponds for the last few weeks or so in Blue Hill, ME. It has created such a hazard that state officials have placed an electronic sign in the area and posted a statewide traffic advisory warning motorists to go slow in the slippery conditions lest they have an accident. Resident Rick Blouin advised “Get out the leaf blower, blow them into a pile and pour some gas on them and then FLAME on.” (WGME)
3. The Washington Capitals beat the Las Vegas Golden Knights 4-3 in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final on Thursday, clinching their first championship title in franchise history. After dropping Game 1 of the series, the Caps outscored the Golden Knights 16-8 across the last four games. The championship is the first by a Washington professional sports team in the NFL, NBA, NHL or Major League Baseball since the Redskins won the Super Bowl on January 26, 1992. (New York Times)
4. Best Friends Day. Celebrate your best friend by planning a picnic in the park, getting together for coffee or sharing a nice meal at your favorite restaurant.
5. 7 DAYS AWAY!! Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present: Hot Summer 2018 featuring Fabolous, Big Boi (of Outkast), Bazzi, Joyner Lucas, HoodCelebrityy. June 15th – Maine State Pier. Tickets on Sale HERE / Aura’s Box Office 121 Center Street Portland / Charge By Phone 1-800-745-3000 //
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!