1. Republicans opened their national convention in Cleveland Monday night by weaving savage attacks on Hillary Clinton into testimonials to Donald Trump’s compassion, strength and readiness to be commander-in-chief in the face of terrorist attacks on the homeland and around the world. (PH)
2. Numerous severe weather warnings were issued for several parts of Maine and New Hampshire on Monday. There was reports of moments of gusty wind, rain and hail. Tornado warnings were even issued in some parts. (WCSH)
3. Thanks to Pokemon Go Nintendo shares are up 120% since July 6, adding $23 billion to Nintendo’s market value. Pokemon Go is a legitimate sensation — ranking as the top free downloaded app on both Apple’s App Store as well as Google’s Play store for Android devices. (CNN)
4. Gas prices are still on their way down in northern New England. The average price per gallon in Maine has fallen 4.3 cents to $2.25. The national average of $2.25 has fallen 2.6 cents during the last week and stands 50.7 cents per gallon lower than a year ago. (WCSH)
5. HBO has announced that season 7 of Game of Thrones will only feature 7 episodes. In addition there most likely will only be 7 episodes in the series finale, which means only 14 more episodes of Game of Thrones ever. (BS)
Made Hot in Maine by Neil’s Motors on Rt. 111 in Biddeford.