1. President Donald Trump issued a furious, all-caps challenge to the Iranian regime late Sunday night, warning that any threats to the US would be met with dire consequences. NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE,” Trump tweeted after returning to the White House from a weekend at his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey. “WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!”
2. The trial for a former Kennebunk High School teacher accused of sexually assaulting a student begins today in York County. Jill Lamontagne is accused of having sex with a student. She has pleaded not guilty to charges she sexually assaulted a student. She is facing 14 charges, including six counts of gross sexual assault.
3. Nicole Maines, the Maine schoolgirl who won a landmark court case in 2014 for transgender rights, broke another barrier this weekend when it was announced that she will be the first person to star as a transgender superhero on a network TV series. “Supergirl” announced that the transgender activist and actress would play Nia Nal, also known as the superhero Dreamer. Maines was born a boy but identified as a girl from the age of 2. She was a fifth-grader in Orono when she and her family challenged the legality of the school administration’s decision not to allow her to use the girls bathroom. She made her TV acting debut three years ago in an episode of the USA Network series “Royal Pains,” in which she played a transgender teenager.
4. The 30th anniversary of Shark Week on Discovery started yesterday. Wed – Shark Week vs. Shark Tank & Sunday Naked & Afraid of Sharks.
5. Saturday, September 1 (Labor Day Weekend) Hot 104.7 & Grass Monkey Present another #HOTSHOW starring Lil Jon at the State Theatre. Tickets are ON SALE HERE! Charge by phone at 800-745-3000, in person at the Port City Music Hall box office Wednesday-Friday 10AM-5PM or online at Hot1047Maine.com.