1. The portraits of former president Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama were revealed y at the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C. Kehinde Wiley, a New York based visual artist depicted Barack Obama and Amy Sherald, Baltimore-based artist painted Michelle Obama. Both Wiley and Sherald are the first black painters to receive a presidential portrait commission from the museum. (CNN)
2. U.S. snowboarder Chloe Kim lived up to expectations on Tuesday morning, dominating the women’s halfpipe finals to easily win the gold medal. (PEOPLE)
3. Republican Gov. Paul LePage is set to deliver his final State of the State address. The governor is scheduled to address a joint session of the Maine Legislature on Tuesday. LePage said a main theme of his final year will be pushing to tax conservation land owned by trusts. The governor can’t seek re-election because of term limits. (WGME)
4. Before the Super Bowl, Portland Mayor Ethan Strimling made a bet with the mayor of Portland, Pennsylvania, that if the Patriots lost, he would shave his head. Now, Strimling is turning the event into a fundraiser for the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital. This Friday, Mayor Strimling will shave his head at the Presumpscot Elementary School at 2:15 p.m. All the kids will be there to cheer him on. (WGME)
5. Instagram is currently testing a feature that identifies users who take screenshots of public Instagram stories. Those affected by testing will receive a pop-up warning from the app that reads, “Next time you take a screenshot or screen recording, the person who posted the story will be able to see it.” (ELITEDAILY)
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!