1. Mark Zuckerberg heads back to Capitol Hill today for another congressional grilling. He can only pray it goes as well as Day 1. The Facebook CEO left his five-hour session with a Senate committee largely unscathed, since most senators who questioned him seemed to not have a clue how Facebook works. Zuckerberg did make some news, though, saying Facebook is cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into 2016 election meddling. Investors liked Zuckerberg’s performance on the Hill so much that Facebook’s stock actually rose 4.5% by the end of the day. (CNN)
2. The latest bid to launch Maine’s adult-use marijuana market cleared its toughest political hurdle Tuesday with a veto-proof margin that bodes well for the compromise bill. If the bill continues on its current path, Mainers can expect to see the first recreational business licenses issued in the spring of 2019. (Press Herald)
3. Mookie Betts hit a grand slam on a monster night, leading Chris Sale and the Boston Red Sox over the New York Yankees 14-1 Tuesday for their ninth straight victory. The Red Sox haven’t lost since opening day. (News Center Maine)
4. National Pet Day. This day encourages those of us who own pets to show them how much we love them.
5. #HOTSHOW starring LIL JON (DJ & Performance Set) at the State Theatre, Saturday Sept.1 (LaborDay Weekend). Tickets on sale NOW! Charge by phone at 800-745-3000, in person at the Port City Music Hall box office or online HERE
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify! (Job Corps)