1. Governor Janet Mills will sign a bill today to change the name ‘Columbus Day’ to ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’ in Maine. The bill passed with bipartisan support. Maine joins a growing number of states, including Vermont, New Mexico, Alaska, Minnesota, Oregon, Hawaii and South Dakota, who have passed similar legislation. (WGME)
2. John Havlicek, the Boston Celtics great whose steal of Hal Green’s inbounds pass in the final seconds of the 1965 Eastern Conference final against the Philadelphia 76ers remains one of the most famous plays in NBA history, has died. He was 79. (WGME)
3. A small fire at Fore Street restaurant in Portland has closed the establishment for Thursday and Friday. A message on the restaurant’s answering machine said it would be closed Thursday and Friday nights “due to unforeseen circumstances.” “If you have a reservation, we will not be able to honor those at this time,” the message stated.
The message directed callers to sister restaurants, Scales and Street and Co. (Press Herald)
4. An online diagnosis and treatment website for herpes reported a spike in treatment for the the STI during the week of Coachella. A whopping 1,105 cases have been reported in Indio, Palm Desert and Coachella Valley, as well as in counties in and around Los Angeles. The biggest previous spike was during Oscars weekend 2018, when they got a mere 60 cases a day. (TMZ)
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon and featuring Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now