1. The White House announced Thursday that President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un by May. This will be the first ever meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader. Trump agreed to meet in order to “achieve permanent denuclearization.” The announcement of Trump and Kim’s meeting comes after a year of them trading insults and threatening to wipe each other out. (NY Times)
2. Cape Elizabeth schools are closed today due to a power failure, department officials said. (WMTW)
3. It’s time to spring forward! Daylight Saving Time begins this weekend. Sunday, March 11, 2018, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to Sunday, March 11, 2018, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead. Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour later on Mar 11, 2018 than the day before. There will be more light in the evening.
4. Jaylen Brown tweeted Thursday that he was OK after taking a hard, scary fall on what appeared to be the back of his head and neck late in the third quarter of a 117-109 win over the Timberwolves. Brown finished 14 points and five rebounds in 28 minutes in the victory as the Celtics clinched a playoff berth in the process. (ESPN)
5. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady shaved his head on Thursday in the name of charity. Us Weekly reports that the athlete took a razor to his hair as part of a fundraiser for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, raising $7.5 million. “They call me Buzzy… Tom Buzzy,” Brady captioned an animated photo on Instagram after his haircut. Governor of Massachusetts Charlie Baker also participated in the event and got a buzz cut. (US)
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!