1. A former Miss Maine Teen USA winner is making national headlines after reportedly assaulting her mother-in-law, husband and resisting arrest. Krista Glover went to Greely High School and made headlines in Maine during the late 90s for being a standout basketball player and her title as Miss Maine Teen USA, before graduating in 1999. Police in Florida say Krista Glover got enraged on May 12, over what she thought was her husband, Lucas Glover’s, poor performance at The Players Championship. Lucas told police that the 36-year-old had been drinking and then attacked him and later his mother. (NewsCenter Maine)
2. The royal wedding is a day away and apparently people in Maine do care. Jay Paulus, store manager of British Goods in freeport, told WGME that it has been a busy week. “I don’t know what it is about specifically the weddings, but that is an extra hype, there are so many people coming in who are having parties this weekend,” Paulus said. “Early morning parties, they’re getting up at four in the morning.” British Goods says they will be open from their regular time of 10 to 6 on Saturday but they will be streaming the event on TVs inside. (WGME)
3. Do you like Whole Foods, but dislike the prices at a high-end supermarket chain that’s been infamously dubbed “whole paycheck?” Well, you’re in luck–provided you’re an Amazon Prime member or are willing to become one. On Wednesday, Amazon announced that Prime members will receive exclusive discounts at Whole Foods, including 10 percent off hundreds of items and access to weekly specials like a whopping $10 per pound off wild-caught halibut. As Reuters notes, these sale prices “could make Whole Foods cheaper than conventional grocers for about 8 million of its customers who already subscribe to Amazon Prime.” (Reuters)
4. Men who sexually harass women on French streets will face fines of up to 750 euros ($885) after lawmakers approved tougher regulations for combatting sexual violence. Among the actions deemed inappropriate are wolf-whistling and cat-calling. (UK Business Insider)
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present: Hot Summer 2018 featuring Fabolous, Big Boi (of Outkast), Bazzi, Joyner Lucas, HoodCelebrityy. June 15th – Maine State Pier. Tickets on Sale Now – Get Them HERE or Aura’s Box Office 121 Center Street Portland / Charge By Phone 1-800-745-3000
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!