1. All public high schools and middle schools in Maine would stock the overdose antidote naloxone under a plan being developed by the Mills administration. The idea is raising concerns among some educators and lawmakers about normalizing drug use and imposing more responsibilities on school staff. The administration is also working on improving prevention education and may expand it to grades as young as pre-kindergarten. (Press Herald)
2. Tax Day for most but not us… Maine is one of only two states that get an extension for filing. The reason for that is because Patriots Day falls on April 15th and it is Emancipation Day on April 16th. Tax returns are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17th. (WGME)
3. Nearly 200 Mainers are among the thousands of runners set to brave wind and rain as they toe the line in 123rd Boston Marathon Monday morning. The race schedule has been adjusted due to the weather. Boston Athletics Association announced several adjustments. (NewsCenterMaine)
4. Tiger Woods completed an epic comeback with his win at The Masters on Sunday. Woods had not won a major championship in 11 years. The 43-year-old golfer also became the second oldest person to ever win a Masters. He first won the tournament in 1997; Sunday marked his fifth Masters victory overall. (NY Times)
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon and featuring Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now! Get Them HERE.
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Is your timeshare selling for $1 on Ebay? Call EZ Advocates! Speak with a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options. 536-6956