1. In Pamplona, Spain, home to the famous running of the bulls, 6 were hospitalized, including at least two Americans that were gored during the event. The most serious injury was suffered by a 27-year-old man who was gored in the arm. The nine-day fiesta attracts about 1 million spectators every year. (ABC News)
2. If you spent some time outside on Wednesday, you may have noticed hazy skies. The hazy skies are being caused by the wildfires that are burning out of control in western Canada. No health notices have been posted by the Maine Department of Environmental Protection and the smoke should not impact air quality. (Press Herald)
3. Authorities are searching for a nearly 5-foot-long alligator that has made its home in a lagoon at Chicago’s Humboldt Park. Visitors spotted the wild animal peeking its head above the water at the park and Chicago police have begun investigating the reports that were reported on social media. It’s still unclear how the animal found its way into the Chicago lagoon. (People)
4. It’s 7-Eleven Day! In honor of its namesake date and its birthday, 7 Eleven is giving away free Slurpees today, while supplies last between 11 am and 7 pm. The tradition has been around for over a decade with the first 7-Eleven Day taking place back in 2002 to celebrate the store’s 75th birthday. The chain expects to give away 9 million free drinks today. (Delish)
5. HOT SUMMER 2019 Saturday August 31 Maine Savings Pavilion At Rock Row In Westbrook starring Wiz Khalifa, A Boogie, YK Osiris, Iyla Tickets on Sale Now – Hot1047maine.com / waterfrontconcerts.com or locally at the box office located at Aura – 121 Center Street Portland.
Made Hot In Maine By the US Army. Make a difference in the world around you in the boots of a US Army soldier and gain leadership skills in one of more than 150 career fields. (Go Army)