1. Paris’ historic Notre Dame cathedral suffered significant damage in a massive fire. Nobody was killed in the fire, although a $6.8 million renovation-in-progress may have been the cause. A French fire official said late Monday that the landmark has been saved from “total destruction.” (AP News)
2. There are now 555 reported cases of measles in the U.S. Nearly two-thirds of those cases are in New York. The U.S. is on track to beat 2014’s record of 667 reported measles cases. The most before that was in 1994 with 963 cases. Measles outbreaks are a problem worldwide, especially in Ukraine, India, and Madagascar. (AP News)
3. More than 150 Maine residents competed Monday in the 2019 Boston Marathon. Meg Brockett of Portland was the top Maine resident among women. After Brockett, the second fastest woman was 61-year-old Joan Benoit Samuelson of Freeport in 3 hours, 4 minutes. The feat marked 40 years since her 1979 debut at the race. The then 21-year-old Bowdoin College student surprised everyone with a course record of 2 hours, 35 minutes, 15 seconds. Shiloh Schulte, 40, of Kennebunk was the top Maine resident in the men’s field. (NewsCenterMaine)
4. National Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day. A favorite national holiday for anyone who works in an office, this day encourages people to ditch the suit and tie for some regular, not to mention comfy, pajamas.
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon and featuring Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now. Get them HERE!!