1. The White House on Monday directed the Internal Revenue Service to pay tax refunds to millions of Americans during the federal shutdown, marking its most dramatic reversal yet of past legal precedent as officials scramble to contain public backlash from the funding lapse. (Press Herald)
2. Maine schools and businesses either closed or kicked off their Tuesday with delays as snow fell, primarily along the coast, during morning commute hours. Expect it to be only part one of a snowfall that could pick back up tomorrow. Closings via NewsCenterMaine
3. Maine Game Wardens are searching for the person who shot a bald eagle last month. The bird was found at Papoose Pond in Waterford with birdshot in its jaw, wing, and leg. Maine Operation Game Chief is offering a one-thousand dollar reward for information leading to a conviction of the person responsible. (NewsCenterMaine)
4. Eduards Tralmaks scored with less than a minute remaining in overtime Monday night, lifting the University of Maine to a 4-3 win over 15th-ranked Yale before an announced crowd of 4,308 at Cross Insurance Arena. (Press Herald)
5. Costco is selling a 6.6-pound bucket of Nutella. The tub retails for $21.99 and can be delivered to your home for and additional $3. The 6.6-pound container amounts to 80.9 servings. (My Recipes)
Made Hot in Maine by Saco Family Dentistry! Accepting new patients AND Maine Care with little-to-no wait time! Call or text 799-1414 to schedule great care for your family, at Saco Family Dentistry, Main St in Saco!