1. A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that President Trump can’t block his critics on Twitter, as it violates the First Amendment. Citizens must be allowed to respond directly to government officials and engage in public policy debates, the court decided. The ruling upholds a 2018 decision that also determined Trump violated the Constitution by blocking people. (Washington Post)
2. Casco residents are demanding change at a busy intersection following a fatal motorcycle crash. Family of the man who died at the intersection two weeks ago and other Casco residents are calling on the DOT and select board to put more safety measures at the intersection of Route 11 and Route 121. Residents proposed ideas from a four-way stop to a full traffic light system and even a rotary. (WGME)
3. The American League won its seventh straight All-Star Game on Tuesday night, beating the National League team 4-3 at Progressive Field. Home Run Derby champ Pete Alonso’s single in the eighth made it 4-3, which is how it would end. Indians pitcher Shane Bieber was named the game’s MVP after he struck out the side in the fifth inning with the hometown fans chanting his name. (CBS Sports)
4. Uber Comfort is a new upgrade option that offers more leg space, interior climate control and a not-talking option with drivers. Each ride costs 20 to 40 percent more than standard Uber X rides. Uber Black, the company’s premium car service, has offered rides with “quiet mode” since May. (AP News)
5. HOT SUMMER 2019 Saturday August 31 Maine Savings Pavilion At Rock Row In Westbrook starring Wiz Khalifa, A Boogie, YK Osiris, Iyla Tickets on Sale Now or locally at the box office located at Aura – 121 Center Street Portland.
Made Hot In Maine By the US Army. Make a difference in the world around you in the boots of a US Army soldier and gain leadership skills in one of more than 150 career fields. goarmy.com