1. A spokesperson for President George Herbert Walker Bush says the President plans on being in Maine next week. Jim McGrath told NEWS CENTER Maine Bush would be heading to his summer home on Walker’s Point in Kennebunkport, but wasn’t specific as to the exact day he would arrive. This will be the first summer Bush spends in Maine without his beloved wife Barbara who died in April. (NewsCenterMaine)
2. The Portland Science Center has closed after three years of bringing traveling exhibits about pirates, sharks and the human body to the city’s waterfront. The Massachusetts-based owner of the center, The Gold Group, has closed the business and will opt out of its lease, said Stephen Goodrich, owner of the building. Goodrich said Tuesday he didn’t know all the specifics, but was told that the science center’s attendance had declined recently. (Press Herald)
3. Jaylen Brown scored 23 points and the Boston Celtics withstood a 42-point night by LeBron James to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 107-94 on Tuesday and take a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference finals. Terry Rozier added 18 points, while Al Horford finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Boston improved to 8-0 this postseason at TD Garden. The Celtics have never blown a 2-0 series lead in the playoffs. Game 3 is Saturday in Cleveland. (Boston.com)
4. The internet is freaking out over an audio “illusion” that went viral after appearing on Reddit. Dubbed the audio version of the blue-or-gold-dress debate, it asks whether people hear the word “laurel” or “yanny. According to the Verge, it’s not actually an illusion–the secret is frequency. Yanny is in higher frequency, while laurel is in lower frequency. You will hear one of the words depending on which frequency your ears pick up on. Older adults tend to start losing their hearing at the higher frequency ranges, so it’s likely that most children will hear the word yanny. (Verge)
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present: Hot Summer 2018 featuring Fabolous, Big Boi (of Outkast), Bazzi, Joyner Lucas, HoodCelebrityy. June 15th – Maine State Pier. Tickets on Sale Now – Get them here – bit.ly/HotSummer2018
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!