1. Hurricane Michael strengthened into a Category 4 storm as it moved toward the Florida Panhandle, where it could blow ashore as the strongest storm to hit the United States this year. The National Weather Service described Michael as “extremely dangerous,” saying it will bring life-threatening storm surge, hurricane force winds and heavy rainfall along the northeastern Gulf Coast. (CNN)
2. JetBlue has announced they will only offer flights to the Portland International Airport during the summer months. The removal of winter flights is part of nationwide adjustments by the airline company. The current flight schedule will remain in place until January 7, 2019. Passengers who have already booked JetBlue flights for after January 7 will be contacted by JetBlue to rebook or refund. (NewsCenterMaine)
3. Craig Kimbrel and the Boston Red Sox held off the Yankees’ ninth-inning rally that ended with a video replay, eliminating New York with a 4-3 victory Tuesday night that set up a postseason rematch with the World Series champion Houston Astros. (Press Herald)
4. Trick-or-treaters who are 13 years old or older could face up to six months behind bars in Chesapeake, Virginia. In addition, trick-or-treaters of any age who are out past 8 p.m. can be fined anywhere from $25 to $100. They can even get up to 30 days in jail. Those are just some of the insane-sounding local statutes in Virginia’s Hampton Roads region that are going viral after local website hrScene.com published a list of “local trick-or-treat times, laws and guidelines” on Monday. However, cops in the area may not be planning to follow the laws to the letter. When one mom asked about the “scary Halloween laws” on Facebook, the sheriff’s office replied, “No one is going to jail in York County for trick or treating. We will post some information as we get closer to Halloween.” (BuzzFeed)
5. #HOTSHOW starring Sean Paul w/ special guest DaniLeigh goes down October 17th at Aura. Tickets are just $20 in advance – $30 day of show. Get your tickets HERE or in person at the Aura box office 121 center street Portland, ME.